HAS THE FAMILY STRUCTURE CHANGED ACCORDING TO THE MENTAL HEALTH?
There are many different reasons cause a serious change in
the family structure as the following:
- State education has meant that people tend to be more well-educated and knowledgeable and may want a better standard of living.
- The role of women has changed in that they have become better educated, more independent and able to leave home without necessarily being married.
- Families have generally become smaller – this is on average – of course there will always be families with larger numbers of children.
- People are more mobile in terms of their willingness to move to be nearer their jobs.
- People are more likely to work, which makes them more independent financially and able to afford their own homes.
- Family planning and contraception has meant that people can decide when or if to have children.
- Improved transport has meant that people can move away from their families.