WHAT ARE THE CHILDREN WITH SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH LOSS AND GRIEF IN MENTAL HEALTH?
Children who are having serious
problems with grief and loss may show one or more of these signs:
- 1- An extended period of depression in which the child loses interest indaily activities and events.
- 2- Inability to sleep, loss of appetite, prolonged fear of being alone.
- 3-Acting much younger for an extended period.
- 4-Excessively imitating the dead person.
- 5-Repeated statements of wanting to join the dead person.
- 6-withdrawal from friends, or sharp drop in school performance or refusalto attend school.
These warning signs indicate that
professional help may be needed. A child and adolescent psychiatrist can help
the child accept the death and assist the survivors in helping the child
through the mourning process.
They may also show signs of reduced self-esteem, dropping activities they used to love, show risk taking behaviour or…
View original post 125 more words